Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My First Day as an Entrepreneur...

- By e-mail from Veera Mavalwala

A Day in the Life of an Entrepreneur....

Dear Friends

My first day as an Entrepreneur indeed has been very satisfying! I woke up as usual at 7.00 am - thought I would go back to sleep so set the alarm for 8.00 am - but couldnt sleep so was up by 7.30 am. Read the newspaper back to back (not just glancing through it as I would normally do), had a bath and was ready (make-up and all) at 10.00 am when my Partner Mona came over. I requested her that I would like to say a Prayer and light a diya before we started our first day together. She agreed and I read out a "Mushkil Aasan" prayer which I normal say on Tuesdays and Fridays. We ate the Prasad of channa and elaichidana and started working around 11.00 am on our Presentation for our "NAVROZE ACADEMY - The Finishing School for Business & Admin Professionals". We continued till 1.00 pm when I took half an hour off to prepare lunch - Dal, Rice and Zeera Aaloo. We had lunch and continued with the Presentation. In the meanwhile, Mona got an e-mail for a "Train the Trainer", Training Programme. We liked the contents of the course and after a bit of bargaining (Thanks Rajeev for the tips!) enrolled ourselves for the 3-day Programme from 12-14 Feb 09. Also, made some calls to fix some meetings for tomorrow.

We completed the Presentation by 5.45 pm and Mona just left. I have mailed it to my friend for help and am now sitting to write about my first day as an ENTREPRENEUR!

All in all a VERY POSITIVE start and I loved being at home and working and having lunch with Farokh - he too was happy as he didnt have to just have a sandwich or soup alone. Am now going to prepare dinner.

Best wishes
Veera

"Success doesn't come to you, you go to it" .....Marva Collins

No comments: